1. SUGARPLUM BULLDOGS shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Seller.” The original purchasing party, and solely the original purchasing party, shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Buyer.”
Genetic and Hereditary Disease:
2. The Buyer must have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian by _________, when the next vaccine is due. A copy of the examination (vet report) must be sent to the Seller by e-mail or fax within seven (7) days of the vaccine and exam of the puppy. Failure to comply will render this guarantee void.
3. The Buyer is responsible for the daily health care and maintenance of the pet, including all immunizations and examinations recommended after purchase, as well as providing necessary medication and follow-up treatments from veterinarian visits. In order for the guarantee to remain in effect you must keep receipts and records to verify that you have taken your pet to a duly licensed veterinarian for checkups and all required immunizations.
4. In the unlikely event of the death of the puppy within one (1) year from its purchase due to a serious genetic defect, the Seller shall replace the pet with another of equivalent value at no cost to the Buyer within 120 days. All conditions set forth in paragraph 17 shall apply.
5. In the event of a severely debilitating hereditary or genetic condition diagnosed within one (1) year from purchase, within conditions of Paragraph 17, the Seller shall replace the pet with another of equivalent value at no cost to the Buyer within 120 days, with Buyer surrendering ownership of the original puppy back to the Seller upon receipt of the replacement puppy. If the Buyer decline to accept a replacement puppy, then the Seller shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Buyer has released the Seller from any and all further claims. Should Buyer wish to retain ownership of the original puppy and also receive a replacement puppy, then, upon purchase of a 2nd puppy, Seller will credit 50% of the original pup’s purchase price towards new purchase.
6. In case of severe knee, elbow or hip dysplasia, the radiograph should be permanently identified in the film emulsion with: registered name and/or number, name of the veterinarian or hospital making the film, date of radiograph taken. Furthermore, the radiograph and report must meet OFA’s standard submission requirements.
7. The value of the puppy for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the puppy, and does not include shipping costs, health certificate, shipping crate or any additional prices declared by the Buyer.
8. This guarantee is non-transferable. In the event this guarantee is exercised and the pup is returned to the breeder, the registration papers must be returned to the Seller.
9. Puppies are sold as pets with AKC LIMITED REGISTRATION. No guarantee is made as to disposition, conformation, color, markings or breeding ability. If breeder deems it acceptable, AKCUnlimited Registration with Approval of Matings may be purchased at the original purchase date or in the future for an additional $2500.00 regardless of gender.
10. With regards to puppy’s expected miniature English Bulldog size, and with the understanding that larger oversize “throwbacks” do unexpectedly and occasionally occur, Seller will accept a return of a healthy and well cared for non-neutered “throwback” English Bulldog puppy up to the age of 1 year old in the event that it exceeds 16” at the shoulder and exceeds 50 lbs. with a normal, non-overweight morphology for pups designated as small & medium or exceeds 17″ at the shoulder and exceeds 60 lbs with a normal, non-overweight morphology for pups designated as large. Upon request, owner must furnish proof that said dog has been on a grain-free/low protein diet consistent with foods designated by seller and has been regularly receiving NuVet Plus vitamins since purchase. Injuries or cosmetic flaws will be assessed on an individual basis and a suitable reduction in guarantee value will be made at the seller’s discretion. Upon return of the puppy, the Seller shall replace the pet with another miniature English Bulldog puppy of equivalent value to the original at no cost to the Buyer within 120 days. Should the Buyer wish to retain ownership of the original puppy and also receive a replacement puppy, then, upon purchase of a 2nd puppy, Seller will credit 50% of the original pup’s purchase price towards new purchase. Claims and verification of acceptance for guarantee must be made on or before the puppy’s 1 yr. birthday but Buyer may opt to purchase the 2nd puppy at a later date, not to exceed 3 years.
11. The Seller is solely responsible for supplying the registration papers. Registration papers for all registered puppies will be sent by regular mail, which could take up to six months. Any costs to obtain new or renewal registration papers are the sole responsibility of the Buyer. If the papers are lost, the Breeder will assist the Buyer in obtaining new papers at the Buyer’s expense.
12. In the event of any litigation in connection with this contract, both the Seller and the Buyer shall each be responsible for their own attorney’s fees and costs. The venue and jurisdiction for litigation arising out of or related to this contract shall lie exclusively in Loudoun County, Virginia. In the event the Buyer prevails in litigation, the total awarded value shall not exceed the value of the original purchase price. This contract is not valid outside of the United States.
13. The Seller will not accept any returns of said puppy for any monetary refund, for reasons including but not limited to allergy, Landlord/Tenant, marital, or adjustment problems, etc. If the Buyer must return the puppy for any reason, it will be on a surrender basis only with no refund or credit.
14. English Bulldogs are only covered for a period of one (1) year from original purchase date. During which time, this guarantee does not cover what in Bulldog breeds we consider normal: Cherry Eye, Entropion, “loose hips”, skin allergies, elongated soft palate, small trachea.
15. Failure of the Buyer to provide puppy with timely inoculations or regular veterinary care will void this guarantee. This guarantee does not cover any Veterinarian costs. The Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means frequent visits to a Licensed Veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments. This guarantee does not cover any of the following conditions: intestinal parasites (Coccidiosis, Giardia, Tapeworms, Hookworms, Roundworms or Ringworms) Kennel Cough, Pneumonia, Ear Mites, Skin Mites, Mange (Sarcoptic, emodectic or Cheyletiella), Cherry Eye, Allergies, Herniations (Inguinal, Perineal, or Diaphragmatic), Heart Murmur grades I, II or III, Patella Luxation grades I, II or III. This guarantee does not cover any Veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including undescended testes.
16. Temperament issues are not covered under this guarantee as they can be caused by a lack of training, discipline or proper dog socialization.
17. The owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the Seller.
If within one (1) year from the date of purchase from Seller, a dog is found and certified by two (2) duly licensed Veterinarian doctors to have serious congenital or hereditary disorders which severely and adversely affect the health of the animal, and if Seller is notified within two (2) business days of the veterinarian’s determination, the breeder will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value within 120 days. The Seller is not responsible for any veterinarian fees, shipping costs or any other associated costs. Seller sells pets for companion purposes only. Seller does not guarantee against low-blood sugar (Hypoglycemia), or any other non-life threatening illnesses common to puppies.